⟶ Youth Agents of Change Camp ⟵
From the 25th to 29th September
Join the Townsville Intercultural Centre for a free 5 day event where young people aged from 15-25 can be involved in visual and performing arts, slam poetry, clay modelling and painting, personal development, making new friends, social inclusion and environmental awareness. If you would like to sign up come into the Townsville Intercultural Centre office at 155 Nathan St, Cranbrook now!
Townsville Intercultural Centre is a not for profit community organisation which has been operating for over 30 years with the primary purpose of settling newly arrived refugees and migrants into the Townsville region. Social inclusion and support for culturally and linguistically diverse people is our focus.
Check below to see if any of the following services we offer suit your needs:
- practical support and education for individuals
- offer Certificate III courses through our Skilling Queenslanders for Work project
- support the mental health and well-being of our clients
- assist youth in their education and development
- host weekly English communication and citizenship classes
- assist in the development of emerging communities
- training courses in Communicating Across Cultures and Mind Your Thoughts
- provide food for those in need through the SecondBite program
When booking an appointment to discuss one of these services please call 4772 4800 or come into the office at 155 Nathan Street, Cranbrook to talk face to face with a staff member to see how best the Townsville Intercultural Centre can support you.
Our organisation also works with local Indigenous communities and administers a number of projects to support these communities. We are also the hosts of the annual Townsville Cultural Fest, which in 2019 is celebrating its 25th year anniversary. The festival attracts thousands of visitors and engages hundreds of local communities and organisations in coming together to celebrate the diversity of our region.